5 minutes with Kara ...
- Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Kara Martin. I am a mentor and educator with Seed, the Christian Medical & Dental Fellowship and Excelsia College. With Seed I am mentoring young women entrepreneurs through The Hub initiative at Anglican Deaconess Ministries.
- What's your favourite bible passage & why?
James 4:8a "Come near to God and he will come near to you." It is mind-blowing to think that the creator of the universe is keen to draw close to us, has already initiated, and is waiting for our response.
- How do you keep your eyes fixed on Jesus?
The cliche is Bible reading and prayer, but that is because it works! Plus friends who pray and challenge me. I also practise a daily Examen, looking to see how God has made himself known through the day. Mostly, I am conscious that Jesus continues to be a model for me, compelling to others, and sovereign over all.
- What would you like the next generation of Christian women to know?
That they are known and loved as God's craftsmanship, and part of God's great purposes for the world (Ephesians 2:8–10).
- What's one thing that you love about your local church?
It is a place where I feel like I belong, and I love worshipping God with my church family.
- What did you learn about God at a time in your life you found hard?
That sin impacts everything, breaking things apart, and yet God's grace is truly the only way of binding and reconciling all things. The balm of his love and peace at such times is life-giving.
- What are you passionate about?
My passion is faith and work integration, how can we honour God and serve others through our daily work. I am writing a two-volume book on the topic entitled Workship.
- What do you enjoy doing when you rest?
Reading, walking, cheering on my kids at sport, enjoying God's amazing creation (especially the beach).