Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12.1-2
The Fixing Her Eyes site from day one has had the tag line: Gather | Encourage | Sharpen | Love | Worship | Grow
To help us to do this even better, we would love you to join us as we pray daily for Australian Christian women throughout the month of September.
Some prayer suggestions: fix their eyes on Jesus persevere in their faith enco
Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.
So how do Australian Christian women fix their eyes on Jesus? How do they live out Hebrews 12.1-2? Well over the last 12 months, we have been asking them! Here is a collation of their answers. Click on their name to read their full "five minutes with." Thank you to our wonderful contributors and friends and thank you to YOU for being a part of our community
Meet our very first feature artist, Kitty from Choc and Spice!
- What's your favourite bible passage & why?
Phil 4:7. This verse reminds me to rely on the peace that God gives His people.
- How do you keep your eyes fixed on Jesus?
I have a few mentors in life who remind through actions and words of the great love of Jesus. They keep me accountable and remind me of His great promises.
- What would you like the next generation of Christian women to know?
"I could never do what you do. I just knew that I'd never be able to go overseas as a single. I knew that I'd need to have a husband to go." It's a line that I've heard a multitude of times and I appreciate what people are trying to say: "You're strong! You're brave! I admire you!" But it's something that irks all missionary workers to some extent - we don't feel that we belong on that pedestal. It's intensified as a single, because of that statement on the end, "I'd need to
- Tell us a little about yourself I was born in New Zealand and had a difficult start in life as the second unwanted pregnancy to my young mum. I have always loved humour and found it has been quite an effective way to deal with tragedy until you really have to deal with it! I never met my father but I had a stepfather for a short time and I refer to my family as having a Triple A rating referring to adultery, addiction and abuse. I often joke that I was trained in rejection,
There has been a lot of attention for a while now in Christian circles around church planting. When church planting initially started gaining a lot of interest, some people felt that it was a fad and that it would pass. However, this is still today a topic that many Christians are wanting to know more about and something that many leaders are discussing in their churches. I teach church planting at a theological college and so I know that this is still an area of great releva
This is the second in a series of three articles, looking at feminism from a Christian perspective. Find the first one here. Many early feminists were Christians, and grounded their fight for equal suffrage in their Christian convictions, but since the second wave of feminism, the relationship between Christianity and feminism has been uneasy. The second wave happened 50 years or so ago, though, so it’s worth asking whether Christian objections to feminism continue to ring tr
One Saturday I remembered the story of the Good Samaritan but failed it. I failed it because I had remembered it but I had not known that the Good Samaritan depends upon a particular view of time. How can you fail a story you might ask? Let me explain.
Do you remember the story of the Good Samaritan? At the foot of a rugged mountainous area, known for the thieves that hid in its crags, a man lies prone upon the ground. He is alone. This is the centre of his problem. His bro
- Tell us a little about yourself My name is Kara Martin. I am a mentor and educator with Seed, the Christian Medical & Dental Fellowship and Excelsia College. With Seed I am mentoring young women entrepreneurs through The Hub initiative at Anglican Deaconess Ministries. - What's your favourite bible passage & why? James 4:8a "Come near to God and he will come near to you." It is mind-blowing to think that the creator of the universe is keen to draw close to us, has already i
Feminism’s a bit of a buzz word at the moment. Emma Watson’s claimed it. So has Beyonce. Other celebrities eschew it, saying things like it’s about women being over men (Shailene Woodley), or giving up your desire to be a wife and mother (Gwyneth Paltrow). Taylor Swift initially said feminism was about ‘guys versus girls’, but on becoming gal pals with Lena Dunham, changed her mind, saying she had only spoken against it because she had misunderstood the movement. So, what is